On the face of it, this didn’t feel like a productive week. I did get two things of note done:
checkerinfrastructure I mentioned. I punted on some of the trickier (and less important) architectural questions, like how to declare reactions to check failures; I realized it was more important for me to just get the infrastructure live and working and that more nuanced iterations would only come with experience. (To wit: there have been a lot of fast-follows, such as me immediately adding the ability to track how long a check has failed or being able to re-run checks through the admin interface.)
And of course, when I view my actual commit history I got a bunch of small bug fixes in as well, even if the whole thing didn’t exactly cohere to a gestalt of “oh yes, this is the thing I did this week.” (Make Time talks about this, both at a daily and weekly cadence.) I’d like to veer away from that a bit this week, but it so often is the case that I really should focus on reactive mode and something closer to a manager’s schedule.
This week, though, I’m going to grant myself a little leeway, and just focus on snackable work — in particular, the three most common (and pernicious) bugs I know of: